By the time a child reaches the age of 11 they will have spent over half of their life in their first school. We understand that this is a place where children work and play for a substantial part of their lives, and a building designed and constructed by Built Offsite can help to give them the very best start in their education.
Our team of architects are specialists in education building, and our approach to design will enable children to grow and learn in an environment, both indoor and outdoor, that is satisfying, stimulating and adaptable to changing needs.
The design of a primary school building and grounds should be seen as a single resource that should incorporate the following principles:
- Extend rather than restrict the choices that teachers are able to make
- Provide opportunities for the children to learn independently in small groups or as class units
- Recognise the increasing use of resources to facilitate the children’s learning
- Accommodate the increasing likelihood of community use
Built Offsite provide a wide range of construction services to primary schools, including:
- Designing and building entire new primary schools including all hard and soft landscaping
- Permanent expansions to existing primary schools, e.g. converting a 1FE (form of entry) into a 2FE primary school
- Kitchen and dining/assembly hall buildings
- Infill expansions and extensions at multi levels
- Internal re-modelling and upgrading works as part of expansion project
We have an extensive team of experts including architects, designers, town and country planners, structural engineers, surveyors and specialist construction staff which enable Built Offsite to deliver your new building as a truly turn-key solution. From start to finish this can include as much of the following as you require:
- All building and landscape designs, feasibility studies, 3D visualisations, virtual walkthroughs and presentations
- Planning applications including discharge of planning conditions, building control submission and BREEAM certification if required
- All groundwork including excavation, ground remediation, foundations, drainage, incoming services and car parking/hard surfacing works
- Completion construction of your building, to the signed off plans and project programme, with regular updates on progress and full, rigorous site management
- External hard & soft landscaping including play areas, environmental learning spaces, trim trails, bike racks and external storage facilities
- Final commissioning of all building systems, including training and building operation manuals in hard and electronic format
As the specialist in education construction, you can be confident that you have made the right choice when choosing Built Offsite as your design and build partner.