General Statement of Intent
Built Offsite Ltd. believes that excellence in the management of health and safety is an essential element within its overall business plan – a good health and safety record goes hand in hand with high productivity and quality standards.
People are the most important asset to this company, and therefore we are totally committed to ensuring their health, safety and welfare at times.
From an economic point of view, Built Offsite Ltd. believes that prevention is not only better, but cheaper than cure. There is no necessary conflict between humanitarian and commercial consideration. Profits and safety are not in competition. On the contrary, safety is good business.
From a legal perspective, Built Offsite Ltd is committed to ensuring that it complies with all relevant health and safety legislation. Where it is reasonably practicable to do so, Built Offsite Ltd will strive to go beyond the requirements of legislation.
Built Offsite Ltd is committed to on-going monitoring and review processes, so that continual improvement in the management of health and safety can be achieved.
We are committed to the principle of risk prevention and continual improvement where arrangements shall be developed and implemented, (so far as reasonably practicable) to systematically identify hazards, evaluate the risks and develop control measures and safe systems of work that will protect all stake holders including the general public, customers, Employees, Contractors, Visitors and others who be affected by our activities.
Our general intentions are:
- To provide adequate control of the Health and Safety risks arising from our work activities
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their Health and Safety
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training
- To prevent accidents and cases of work related ill health
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- To review and revise this policy at regular intervals
- Ensure that adequate resources are made available for Health and Safety